• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Offseason Discussions

Why wouldn't we just mimic the 10% overage the NHL gives it's teams? That gives owners an opportunity to deal with contract increases. I've had a pile of RFA and UFA contract increases over the last week, I'm supposed to have 5-6 days to have it all sorted with some of my RFA's still not accounted for?

Yeah... and they can't keep quality players through free agency only to dump them after. Right now I have a few decent players that I will have to drop... if I wait till after the draft I'm keeping them out of the draft.

Most of us are going to have to make tough decisions. I have to shed like 10M

Yeah... and they can't keep quality players through free agency only to dump them after. Right now I have a few decent players that I will have to drop... if I wait till after the draft I'm keeping them out of the draft.

Most of us are going to have to make tough decisions. I have to shed like 10M

But those players will be available on waivers at the beginning of the season, making waiver order an actual thing for a change.

I've already made most of my cap decisions, so it doesn't affect me directly. Still think it makes sense to have the 10% cushion while we're waiting for teams to sort out their RFAs. Or you know, we could just push back the draft a month or so until the numbers come in and then ask managers to be compliant?

Last edited:
But those players will be available on waivers at the beginning of the season, making waiver order an actual thing for a change.

Hey, I'm a man of the people so we'll do whatever the majority wants and that appears to be the 10% overage... and I understand the argument for it.

However... I think it takes a lot of draftable players out of the draft pool... and I think that part of it sucks.

Just remembered that Cheech aka Lahti isn't returning this year. We need to find a replacement. Anyone have someone in mind?

I'm still waiting for mine in the other league for my 2nd place finish.

It's Kritter and Habsy that haven't paid in this league... I've asked them both multiple times. Maybe try PMing them... cause it doesn't work when I do it.

Back