• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Artnes

People are certainly reaching when they are using the stair scene music selection to try and bash the movie

Last edited:

BG

I guess I see both sides of the backlash, but what is it about this film particularly?

Is it Joakim Phoenix? Is it the legacy of the Joker character on film?

Is it just a sign of the times, that people are too reactive to making people uncomfortable?

zeke

I think people might be too scared to admit they like the movie.

Because shit, that was a good movie.

Leafin'

I think people might be too scared to admit they like the movie.

Because shit, that was a good movie.
It was a fucking GREAT movie. So good I saw it twice already. First time in my life doing that.

The same people that are too scared to admit they like the movie are the ones that don't understand the genius of it. Brilliant film.

LeafGm

I honestly haven't had any interest in watching "Joker".

Not because of any of the fake outrage around the movie, it's moreso that having the origins and motivations of Heath Ledger's version of the character completely shrouded in mystery worked so damn well that I wasn't sure I was interested in a real origin story for the character.

Think I'm changing my mind based on the reviews here, though. Might have to check it out.

worm

I honestly haven't had any interest in watching "Joker".

Not because of any of the fake outrage around the movie, it's moreso that having the origins and motivations of Heath Ledger's version of the character completely shrouded in mystery worked so damn well that I wasn't sure I was interested in a real origin story for the character.

Think I'm changing my mind based on the reviews here, though. Might have to check it out.
i got home from watching the joker and put dark knight on

zeke

yeah even though it's not nearly the same, now that I think of it it probably fits in pretty seamlessly with Heath's joker.

worm

yeah even though it's not nearly the same, now that I think of it it probably fits in pretty seamlessly with Heath's joker.
i think there is a bit of a gap but it is cool to see the origin story to dark knight joker

Deckie007

Saw the Joker last night. Don’t see the incel connection some people are trying to make. I mean he was abused, bullied and had mental health issues. Some of the stupid shit I read on Twitter before it came out lead me to expect a different movie.

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
Saw the Joker last night. Don’t see the incel connection some people are trying to make. I mean he was abused, bullied and had mental health issues. Some of the stupid shit I read on Twitter before it came out lead me to expect a different movie.
Yeah, a lot of people made judgments before actually seeing the movie. Now they're doubling down.

uncus

Just got back from the joker.
5 people there for the movie ..... almost everyone in town lol.
But what a marvelous movie.
Who ever did the research and joker perspective is brilliant.

BG

Lots' of good stuff staring up this month:

Watchmen (HBO) - Oct 20th
The Kominsky Method (Netflix) - Oct 25th
Silicon Valley - Final Season (HBO) - Oct 27th
Rick & Morty (Adult Swim) - Nov 10th
The Mandelorian (Disney) - Nov 12th