• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL Thread

Actually running backs are overrated. No matter how great they are one moment, they get replaced by someone just as good or better the next. The world is lousy with running backs. QB's are a little more rare, ones who can play, at any rate.
Only 9 RBs are making more than 10M, most are making less than 5, and teams are very well aware that they are replaceable. But teams are still stuck into thinking only big name QBs can play and keep recycling the same mediocre QBs at huge cost, even though guys like Geno, Purdy, Mike White can come in and do just as well as their prized starter or better.

I don’t disagree — I think there should be a middle class with QB salaries (around the 17-22MM area) but part of the reason teams overpay is that if your Geno doesn’t hit, you are looking at a lost season with no bottom (Which might not be so bad long term)

Management overpays because they want that 8 win floor that helps them not get fired short term.

Only 9 RBs are making more than 10M, most are making less than 5, and teams are very well aware that they are replaceable. But teams are still stuck into thinking only big name QBs can play and keep recycling the same mediocre QBs at huge cost, even though guys like Geno, Purdy, Mike White can come in and do just as well as their prized starter or better.
It's like how Nero believed that goalies were more important than they actually are. Price was important to the Habs and he was elite, but his price tag made it impossible for the team to improve in other areas and every single year a team woth a goalie who wasn't as good as Price either went further in the playoffs than Montreal or won the Cup.outright.

It's like how Nero believed that goalies were more important than they actually are. Price was important to the Habs and he was elite, but his price tag made it impossible for the team to improve in other areas and every single year a team woth a goalie who wasn't as good as Price either went further in the playoffs than Montreal or won the Cup.outright.
Diasgree on his price tag issue

Regime was too stupid to fix other areas with poor drafting and development

Then went fucken stupid resigning him when his body was already breaking down

Screens and running the ball will work, up to a certain point. It's highly effective in small spurts.

Over a full game when the offensive line isn't categorically better than the opposing team's defensive line?

And with a guy who's a career practice squad-er at QB?

Yeah, good luck with that.

If San Francisco ends up winning, boy oh boy do I want to hear the excuses the Jalen Hurts truthers are going to have.

Back