• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
4h4 hours ago

It's typical that agents criticize competitors' deals. But I've now heard from executives, players, analytics people, development side and scouts who are saying the same thing: The Ozzie Albies extension might be the worst contract ever for a player. And this is not hyperbole.

AA being AA.

I just cannot believe we let him go for Shapiro and Atkins. Makes me sick.

We let go of maybe the brightest young executive in the league for a guy who had been pushed out of a baseball role in Cleveland for being thoroughly mediocre...largely because he's a corporate talking weasel who had success in renovating a ballpark. We then of course decided that the money was no longer there for properly renovating the ballpark, so the one thing this guy was supposed to be good for, is no longer applicable to his job description.

Thoroughly mediocre. I love reading your posts even when you are bashing and trolling me. You and Beleafer are great writers. Hey, where is BeLeafer, hope he is okay, haven't seen him for quite a while.

We let go of maybe the brightest young executive in the league for a guy who had been pushed out of a baseball role in Cleveland for being thoroughly mediocre...largely because he's a corporate talking weasel who had success in renovating a ballpark. We then of course decided that the money was no longer there for properly renovating the ballpark, so the one thing this guy was supposed to be good for, is no longer applicable to his job description.

The thing that is so upsetting is they bring Shapiro in right in 2015 when they go on their run. It was just horrific timing. Rogers brought Shapiro in to tear it down and did not see AA as the answer and never believed in their own team. They pushed out a brilliant young GM.

AA is setting out the road map for the rebuild. Shittwins only priority at this point should be locking Vlad and Bo up long term and forgetting about this whole service time thing. Get them in the lineup. Treat them like you are an elite organization. Convince them to commit to bringing a World Series to Toronto.

There is nothing more important for them to be doing at this stage.

it is risky though.

Last edited:
ScottyMitchTSN

Today was the day with that red circle on the calendar. Service time is no longer a thing with Vladimir Guerrero Jr., as they’ve held off long enough to gain seven years of control.
Now it’s all about when #BlueJays front office wants to make that long-awaited call.

He will be here no later than April 23rd.

The last potential hurdle was the Shaprio acquired Drury, but he's complete shit. There are no more excuses Shatkins now.

Also guys FYI -- If the Jays delay his debut until mid-June or so, Vlad wouldn't gain super two status and the club would save in arbitration a few years from now. That would be purely a cost-savings move.

Also guys FYI -- If the Jays delay his debut until mid-June or so, Vlad wouldn't gain super two status and the club would save in arbitration a few years from now. That would be purely a cost-savings move.

Yep, super 2 status is a potential concern. Although I think more likely they’ll bring him up in the next couple of weeks and then make self-serving comments about how they could have left him down longer if it was all about money.

He just started playing last weekend, they'll likely want him to get a week or two of games in before the callup, but it will likely happen during the homestand around April 23 - 26.

Back