• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

what would the plan be with him

are they keeping him down for contract purposes?
No, it's mostly that the missed year last year means he's hardly pitched in pro games. So they just need to see more real innings. But if he can keep up what he's doing, he'll force his way up.

I think there's 40man roster issues with him right now.

And he's still maybe been a bit wild down there. No need to rush him.

I think there's 40man roster issues with him right now.

And he's still maybe been a bit wild down there. No need to rush him.
It shouldn't be a 40-man issue. They have some pretty fringey guys there like Beasley, Tice, Milone, and maybe one or two that could be transfered to the 60 day DL.

As for wildness, Manoah has hit 4 guys but only walked 2 in 12 innings. I'm guessing he likes to work inside.

Can't say much about his command until we see him, but he's so dominant that he isn't going to have to work on command anywhere other than MLB.

He's pitched 29 innings in pro ball, so hard to say how "wild" he is. Hopefully by late July or August he'll force his way onto the roster.

I’m normally all for being patient with prospects, but there are exceptions and I think Manoah is one.

Also, I’d rather not see Stripling start another game.

He's been at an 80 pitch limit so far and about a 63% strike rate. I'd wait until he's fully stretched and a bit more dominant control wise.

63% doesn't seem bad to me, but admittedly I don't have any idea what a normal strike rate is. How does that compare to league average?

Blue Jays win again in Atlanta! That makes it 6-0 for the season series and the win moves The Jays 4 games above .500!

They are now tied with The Yankees for a wild-card spot (Yankees play Tampa Bay tonight), a game back of Boston for 1st in the Division.

Through 36 games they are 11th in MLB for OPS and 12th in MLB for ERA.

Not bad for a team with a billion injuries, only getting 4 games out of their 25mill FA signing and having no pitching depth.

I know, I know, 36 games and it is too early and there is tones of time for it to ALL explode on them. BUT this team looks like a team to dream on - especially Vladdy Jr 10th in MLB in OPS.

A big key is that it's not just one or two guys in the lineup. Getting multi-hit games this week from Biggio, Bichette, Hernandez, Semien, etc... means that the team can come back from early deficits and overcome on days where the pitching isn't flawless.

And the fact that the bullpen has been pretty lights-out despite all the injuries obviously is a big key. Can't expect that to hold up forever - we're bound to have a series or a week where the pen gives up 5+ a night. But let's enjoy while we can and get some in before those AAA pitching and injury list reinforcements come back.

Back