• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Great D, has turned into a pretty good hitter and team leader too. Injury-prone for sure which is annoying, but I'd be comfortable extending him.

Great D, has turned into a pretty good hitter and team leader too. Injury-prone for sure which is annoying, but I'd be comfortable extending him.
I'd love to, but he's good enough that he deserves a deal that gets him more than just part time action.

Goes to shows how poor the quality of this thread has gotten. Half of Jonas' posts are now shitting on people for "considering" things that he just made up, to the point where I've had to "consider" putting him on ignore ... and still gets rewarded with a pat on the head from mindz ("Good boy, Jonas. Good boy!") ... and even within that context, is still dumb because Cincy's infield is very crowded, and Jonathan India still holds some intrigue as a league average bat with some upside based on his rookie season, also just 26.

I agree, don't trade Manoah, but we also don't know whether he quit on the team or not after he was removed from the rotation when he shouldn't have even made that last start or two according to Zeke ... and we also don't know whether he's demanded a trade or not.

Goes to shows how poor the quality of this thread has gotten. Half of Jonas' posts are now shitting on people for "considering" things that he just made up, to the point where I've had to "consider" putting him on ignore ... and still gets rewarded with a pat on the head from mindz ("Good boy, Jonas. Good boy!") ... and even within that context, is still dumb because Cincy's infield is very crowded, and Jonathan India still holds some intrigue as a league average bat with some upside based on his rookie season, also just 26.

I agree, don't trade Manoah, but we also don't know whether he quit on the team or not after he was removed from the rotation when he shouldn't have even made that last start or two according to Zeke ... and we also don't know whether he's demanded a trade or not.

Yeah, don't give him away for nothing, obviously. The whole situation with him is still so weird. We still don't really know why he sucked so badly early on (just fitness related?), whether rushing him back hurt (he was fine, but not great), and then when they tried to send him down and he just didn't pitch the rest of the season, what the hell was going on.

As much as you want to shrug it off, I definitely can see wanting to move him. And if you are, you can do a lot worse than someone like India.

If it can be repaired easily, I'd definitely rather keep him. Just don't know enough behind the scenes to know if that's even possible.

Details, details. 😁

Yeah, don't give him away for nothing, obviously. The whole situation with him is still so weird. We still don't really know why he sucked so badly early on (just fitness related?), whether rushing him back hurt (he was fine, but not great), and then when they tried to send him down and he just didn't pitch the rest of the season, what the hell was going on.

As much as you want to shrug it off, I definitely can see wanting to move him. And if you are, you can do a lot worse than someone like India.

If it can be repaired easily, I'd definitely rather keep him. Just don't know enough behind the scenes to know if that's even possible.
There's still a lot we don't know. After he was removed from the rotation the last time, there was a couple of weeks of radio silence where he wasn't doing anything. Did he refuse to report to Buffalo? They later said he had some sort of injury, but we just don't know if that was a cover story or not.

I will say that in the fantasy community, people were saying all offseason (leading into 2023) that he outperformed his advanced stats by quite a bit the year before, and his K rate was too low to be as high-end a pitcher as most people thought he was. Then there was the issue of his conditioning vs. the pitch clock.

I'm not interested in giving him away for nothing, and if he didn't quit on the team and everything is cool behind the scenes, by all means keep him. If he is being a whiny douche and something good is offered though, maybe they should consider it.

Back