• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

STM Packages

HeyKurtz

Anyone else get their shipments from the Canes today? Pretty nice...

Attachments

• B6DFAD13-97AE-406D-B61F-2FF968C1F94D.jpeg
    B6DFAD13-97AE-406D-B61F-2FF968C1F94D.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 33ABD8FF-BA1B-47A9-84F6-5765487F1CF5.jpeg
    33ABD8FF-BA1B-47A9-84F6-5765487F1CF5.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, came late morning but we are so spent we haven't had the energy to open them yet. "THEM" yes, Barb has her own account.

Got ours. I’m not sure the license plate bracket is legal though. The state can’t be obscured.

Got mine. 4 F&B cards and 4 STM lanyard badge thingies (for my -2- seats) -- that's "new". Will have to check that one with my rep, at least so I know how the F&B credit was allocated.

Wish there were still real tickets in the box.

Yeah ... got ours right before we walked out the door to go out for the start of Hopscotch Festival. They moved the outdoor shows inside at the Ritz last night, FWIW.

Couple of things to note in the box:
First, no more tickets of any kind. That card is purely a discount card for the Eye Store and your food and beverage credit if you have one. All tickets are now distributed electronically ... no paper tickets and no ticket data loaded on your card. That's a fairly big shift, but you guys are savvy enough to know the drill. I fear for others though ... based on how badly that last round of the playoffs went when there were no paper tickets. Somewhere the club needs to be promoting the idea that it's not a good idea to have your entire party's tickets on on one person's phone. Mostly because the security twits are still looking for a ticket at the top of a LOT of the sections in the lower bowl. You know full well they won't train those people any different than they ever have ... so ... good times.

Secondly, nice pin I guess. Those things cost the club about 2 bucks, but you sent one per account? Generous. Also, now that there's almost nothing in them, I don't get why they spend more money on the box itself that the contents. I mean, it's a nice box but it's almost empty.

I think there is a process to transfer the tickets to the card so you don’t have to have your phone all the time. But the cards don’t have the seat locations printed on them anymore. Last year’s version had them.

This will be our first year in new seats. On those odd occasions when we had an usher she knew us and where we sat. New usher for the playoffs, electronic tickets and the little slip of paper from their little printer and it became a big deal. Now we’re in 122 where we’ll have to show that little slip any time we come back into the section. I predict...chaos.

So, are parking passes paper or electronic?? If they're electronic, this will be a giant cluster%$&#!

Everything is electronic this year, including the parking passes. That was true for the playoffs last year as well, I didn't have any issues with the electronic parking pass (not sure how it worked out for everyone else).

So, are parking passes paper or electronic?? If they're electronic, this will be a giant cluster%$&#!

I just talked to my rep. Everything is electronic, which is how they did parking and tickets for the ECF last year.

What he suggested is that both the tickets and parking pass be added to your Apple Wallet or the equivalent on Android phones. That will also display the pass color so the first round of security can direct you to the VIP, Premier or General lot. Once in the correct lot, the QR code will be scanned and a slip of paper printed to display on your dashboard.

Hopefully, they work out the kinks at the relatively sparsely attended exhibition games so they don’t have a clusterf**k on opening night. There were a lot of complaints during the ECF about how long it took to get into the lots. He said they hoped adding the color to the pass reduced that pain point. Also, adding them to your wallet makes it WiFi independent, so you don’t have to worry about getting a WiFi signal from the building or jammed towers if they’re still in your account manager.

.. That was true for the playoffs last year as well, I didn't have any issues with the electronic parking pass (not sure how it worked out for everyone else).

Just that out of the 7 home playoff games, there were at least 5 different entry scenarios for us at the West Premier entrance on Trinity Rd. (Parking vest dude at corner of Trinity who just waves us in, that dude not even there, dude is there and makes us stop and looks at my phone, dude is there and makes us stop and scans my phone and prints out a slip for me to hand to the parking vest dude in the lot, and then all that and the second dude doesn't want it, etc...) We got in the lot each game, but they got a long way to go to get their sh*t together on e-Parking.

E Parking was a fiasco during the Conference Finals, for all the reasons mentioned. No consistent traffic pattern or procedure from the attendants, no real clue what to do with Uber and Lyft drivers butting into the line on the West side, customers using E Passes for the first time ... just a mess. They trained their people based on paper passes and never bothered to even let them know about the change. Sadly, that's typical for the PNC Arena staff under Dundon. He tries to get by with the dead minimum of labor expenses on operations, and it shows. Concerts are even worse, due to the higher percentage of first timers visiting the arena.

E Tickets are easy enough IF everyone in your party has their ticket on their own phone. If not, then ... chaos. The users don't get trained on this stuff either, so some of them are quite flexible and others are stupidly rigid. That in itself causes issues because sometimes they'll be slack when you enter the section for the first time, then they switch personnel and you get a hard ass usher on your way back from an intermission break. Again, training of stuff and communication with the consumers are the real problem. They send out a few emails and figure they've notified their customers ... and no. Not everybody reads those things.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the Bon Iver concert in October. That's a full E Ticket show and I just know how well THAT'S going to go.

I spoke with my rep. this morning. The electronic ticket process has not been seamless. Given the cluster$#&% that was parking during playoffs, I expressed my astonishment at this decision. He said they expected hiccups and growing pains-- understatement!

It's one thing when the consumer has issues, but the staff can't be spending time trying to figure stuff out on the job! Too often I've encountered staff poorly trained, poor planning (no receipt paper for the paper ticket necessary for the lower bowl), absence of staff support when a problem exists, equipment issues, and skills to navigate issues that pop up.

I will also note that there are those folks that don't do electronic tickets and managing accounts on computer well. One of those is in my house and there's no way our tix could ever be managed if I weren't here. So, my fresh out of college ticket rep said "I can explain it and walk everyone through it." Dude! If it were a matter of explaining it, it would have happened. It's expecting folks to retain new information and processes. It's a matter of expecting everyone to be computer savvy when they don't understand their phone's bluetooth, airplane mode, or when they're on their cell plan versus WiFi. Some folks in their 7th and 8th decade are just not going to grasp all these things. So, for one final year, we will be issued paper passes and tickets.

I will also note that there are those folks that don't do electronic tickets and managing accounts on computer well. One of those is in my house and there's no way our tix could ever be managed if I weren't here. So, my fresh out of college ticket rep said "I can explain it and walk everyone through it." Dude! If it were a matter of explaining it, it would have happened. It's expecting folks to retain new information and processes. It's a matter of expecting everyone to be computer savvy when they don't understand their phone's bluetooth, airplane mode, or when they're on their cell plan versus WiFi. Some folks in their 7th and 8th decade are just not going to grasp all these things. So, for one final year, we will be issued paper passes and tickets.

I hear you man. My great fear is that they'll go to E Tix for State basketball and I'll have to manage all this crap for my parents. God help me if that's ever the case, because I might pack up and move to Montana.

Some additional information on mobile tickets from Brian LeBlanc at Canes Country. Unlike previous years, a slip with the seat location will not be printed for mobile tickets. If the ushers ask, you’ll have to show the location in your phone. Between the use of Near Field Communication and using the handheld printers, ingress should be faster.

If the building has gone to NFC, I suspect that all events in the building will be converted, including NC State hoops. Better give your parents a crash course, Jeff.

I think there is a process to transfer the tickets to the card so you don’t have to have your phone all the time.

There is not, at least as per my ticket rep. I asked, if that is the case, then why was I able to find an FAQ on the Canes' website on how to transfer tickets to your card? He said, Oops. We'll have to take care of that. And they wonder why things don't go smoothly!!

There is not, at least as per my ticket rep. I asked, if that is the case, then why was I able to find an FAQ on the Canes' website on how to transfer tickets to your card? He said, Oops. We'll have to take care of that. And they wonder why things don't go smoothly!!

There was last year but, per Brian’s article, that’s not an option this year. The cards are not embedded with NFC capabilities so they can’t be used. Any paper tickets have a chip embedded so they can be scanned too.

Speaking of STs, any scuttlebutt on where sales were this year? Sara Civ indicated back in May they were way up at that point but I haven't seen anything since then.

Back