• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Chantel Thread

Re: Training Camp Thread

Sorry CRE ... I simply have no patience with anyone who gets behind the wheel of a car while impaired. None. I suspect you'd feel the same way if someone you loved was harmed by someone so ridiculously irresponsible.
I understand but things aren't always so black and white. What does impairment mean? Have you ever taken cold/allergy medicine and driven to work? Have you ever been dog tired and just wanted to get home so you drove yourself? Have you ever turned the radio up so loud that you couldn't hear what was going on around you? Have you ever forgotten your glasses and drove anyhow?

All of those scenarios are forms of impairment. And most are illegal. You gonna lose your job and ruin your career/life over them?
 
Re: Training Camp Thread

No doubt, but did he suit up for the Ravens yesterday?
He sure didn't. But I don't agree w him losing his job for his actions either. Even if they were worse. I just call bullshit on all of it. People are human. Everyone makes mistakes. If we all lost our careers because of the mistakes we have made there would be a serious shortage of fast food jobs in the world.
 
Re: Training Camp Thread

I understand but things aren't always so black and white. What does impairment mean? Have you ever taken cold/allergy medicine and driven to work? Have you ever been dog tired and just wanted to get home so you drove yourself? Have you ever turned the radio up so loud that you couldn't hear what was going on around you? Have you ever forgotten your glasses and drove anyhow?

All of those scenarios are forms of impairment. And most are illegal. You gonna lose your job and ruin your career/life over them?

But is that what happened to McCabe? Was she nailed on the way home from PNC arena at 5pm after taking cold medicine or on Glenwood at 1am and blew over the limit. I'm going to guess most of us would take our chances with someone taking OTC cold meds at 5pm over someone after partying and drinking?

I think at age 25 with 2 years of NHL-level work under her belt, she'll be fine even if she has to step back to doing whatever most 25 year olds with her background are doing.
 
It's on the N&O now. Waddle made a statement they are aware and are waiting for more information.
 
Re: Training Camp Thread

But is that what happened to McCabe? Was she nailed on the way home from PNC arena at 5pm after taking cold medicine or on Glenwood at 1am and blew over the limit. I'm going to guess most of us would take our chances with someone taking OTC cold meds at 5pm over someone after partying and drinking?

I think at age 25 with 2 years of NHL-level work under her belt, she'll be fine even if she has to step back to doing whatever most 25 year olds with her background are doing.
I don't know. It says driving while impaired.
 
Last edited:
Re: Training Camp Thread

The reality is that other than us on this board, its doubtful most people will know this even happened. That might be enough for the Canes to give her a firm warning and let it slide. Hopefully there will be no next time if her job is threatened.

Not true. First off, it was on LGC (as was noted in the original post), but since that time I saw a Re-Tweeted from some Mug Shot twitter account. I don't have FB, but I'm guessing it was probably showing up there too (everything just takes a click to share these days -- nothing stays quiet anymore, at all).

In any event, as dwind noted, it's in the N&O now.
 
Nah, not even close. I just don't think its fair to judge a persons professional life based on their personal life. In MOST cases anyhow.
 
Every gig comes with upsides and downsides. I work in IT..and it SUCKS to be on-call 25% of my life with no add'l compensation -- my personal life is affected by this (where I go, what I do, how far from home I am, etc.). In Hollywood, no one blinks an eye at a DUI. In college/pro sports, well you are representing a school, a team, a brand and has been pointed out, this is not a time where things are just ignored.

Anyway, I presume there is a policy on all this, and they'll follow it. We'll find out what it is with this situation.
 
Should the average person lose their job over a DUI? Unless your job involves driving, especially in company vehicles, then no. But, if you are a spokesperson, or a "face of an organization" with a lot of media coverage, then it becomes a can of worms. Ticket rep, locker room or arena personnel, no....but Forslund, Tripp, Chantel....they can't afford to have those people setting bad examples. I think for that rason, she might get pulled, at least temporarily, from her job.
 
Hey if the girl was three sheets to the wind and tried to make an attempt at driving well then F her. She gets what she deserves. But you don't have to be three sheets to the wind to blow over. Two beers on an empty stomach will do it for some people. Like stilltheman said. We don't know and if there is a policy in place, fine, she breaks policy, she loses her job.

It isn't a black and white situation yet.
 
Should the average person lose their job over a DUI? Unless your job involves driving, especially in company vehicles, then no. But, if you are a spokesperson, or a "face of an organization" with a lot of media coverage, then it becomes a can of worms. Ticket rep, locker room or arena personnel, no....but Forslund, Tripp, Chantel....they can't afford to have those people setting bad examples. I think for that rason, she might get pulled, at least temporarily, from her job.

Bingo! We have a winner!

Like the state trooper that got into a dust up at World of Beer in Cary over the weekend...you may want to reassign the employee to "other duties"...
 
Bingo! We have a winner!

Like the state trooper that got into a dust up at World of Beer in Cary over the weekend...you may want to reassign the employee to "other duties"...

I heard on the radio the dustup included him taking on 3 deputies and the arrest includes resisting arrest.

As for Chantel? Is there anyway the canes can sell more tickets because of it? Or will they lose attendance?

What should Chantel be doing besides getting a good lawyer?
 
Back
Top