• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The faces behind the words.....

It really depends on what field you're in, but in sales, having a distinctive feature or quality can make you stand out from the crowd and that's an asset.
 
"Pull off" and "maximizing ones potential for upward mobility".....are two different things.


There are a plethora of variables that go into corporate success, and obviously presentation is one of them.


Having said that, everyone needs to decide for themselves whether they want to conform to maximize their potential, or go as far as they can being 100% themselves.

For example I'm sure I could get even further if I shaved my beard and grew my hair out a bit.....but for me shaved head and beard are what I want regardless of corporate or gf wants. That extra five minutes this look affords me, is worth more than any dollar amount.
 
Having said that, everyone needs to decide for themselves whether they want to conform to maximize their potential, or go as far as they can being 100% themselves.

For example I'm sure I could get even further if I shaved my beard and grew my hair out a bit.....but for me shaved head and beard are what I want regardless of corporate or gf wants. That extra five minutes this look affords me, is worth more than any dollar amount.

I knew that you looked familiar:

Walter-White.jpg
 
Having said that, everyone needs to decide for themselves whether they want to conform to maximize their potential, or go as far as they can being 100% themselves.

For example I'm sure I could get even further if I shaved my beard and grew my hair out a bit.....but for me shaved head and beard are what I want regardless of corporate or gf wants. That extra five minutes this look affords me, is worth more than any dollar amount.
Exactly. If I worked out every day and dressed better I would certainly be more successful in life. Its all about where you decide to settle in. To me hair is an easy one.
 
I knew that you looked familiar:

Walter-White.jpg


Hairs not quite as short as Walters i'm afraid, no goatee either, and when I wear my glasses they're black rimmed.


I should have said buzz cut instead of shaved....I've gone to the incredibly lazy/easy stubble and short buzzed look. Minimal time needed in the mornings, and my barber visits went from $60 to $20...
 
Even if I didn't do the latter, it would be $50+. Includes shampoo, head massage etc

A head massage? We're talking haircuts, not rub and tugs. And shampoo is included in the $20 cut. There's no way it should cost $60 for a guy to get a hair cut. Go to Magic Cuts.. Its like 12 bucks.
 
20$ Your GF can't run a clipper?

booktoday.png


I don't go to my barber's for the haircut, I go for the experience........it's a veritable parlour/man cave, with a classic pinball machine and dartboard to kill time while you wait your turn, classic 50's/60's Playboys for your reading pleasure, flat screen tv's in case there's a soccer game on, and .....and they serve me my drink of choice while I get the cut.

Haircuts used to be something to dread......now it's one of the highlights of my month.
 
Last edited:
Only $20?


Not even that much.....for $15 (+tip) I get a premium buzz cut, a hot shave (straight blade) on the front and back of my neck, a hot towel massage, as many free bourbons as I wish to consume while I'm there, and I spend the entire time hanging out with friends.

It's arguably the greatest bang for my buck, that I've ever found.
 
Back
Top