JaysCyYoung
Legend
Revisionist history from this board? Never!
You are very, very, very (as kb would say) misinformed on this issue. And you don't seem to make the necessary corrections when continually clarified on this matter.
Revisionist history from this board? Never!
Revisionist history from this board? Never!
I think that a healthy Michalek, Spezza, Karlsson + the addition of Bobby Ryan and the hopeful progression of Zibanejad and Turris will give this team more than enough punch to be able to compete with a goaltending tandem that in all likelihood posts a .925%+ campaign.
I think that a healthy Michalek, Spezza, Karlsson + the addition of Bobby Ryan and the hopeful progression of Zibanejad and Turris will give this team more than enough punch to be able to compete with a goaltending tandem that in all likelihood posts a .925%+ campaign.
I don't think you people grasp just how large a gap between "fantastic" is, and what you received last year is.
If as a team you post a .920% next year, that's 50 goals against more over an 82 game schedule than a .940% team would give up, and make no mistake, .920 is fantastic. Just on returning to the mean in net, the Sens have a lot of goals to make up just to be where they were last year. Karlsson should be good for 20-24GC, Spezza good for about the same, Ryan for about 15-17GC. Now subtract the 30-35GC or so that they're replacing from the players who handled their roles last year and you're still looking at being a 2013 bubble team that is down about 15 goals off of their projected 82 game 2012/13 differential.
That's if you get top 5 goaltending.
Better pray that Anderson/Lehner are .930+
Found the post.
Projected numbers straight out of your ass
Of course, I don't see you being mad about my using 30SA/G for the same reason, because I didn't have access to hockey reference, lowering the potentials goals against added by the lowered SV%. Nor do I see you complaining that I'm using .920 as the benchmark for the Sens, when their starter has a career .915 and their backup has ~20 career games played.
Long story short. Any sort of reasonable return to the norm from your goaltending will wipe out any offensive gains from the return of Karlsson & Spezza, with the addition of Bobby Ryan.
Guess we'll have 100 reasons to find out which one of us is right.
Thanks for admitting that you pulled them out of your ass.
Please feel free to let Jayz know that you "proved" nothing.
I think they should avoid bringing any sort of statistical analysis into the equation, because that's generally when they struggle.
Oh, I'm aware.
![]()
Now that SENSless has had his fun trolling again, this bears repeating: maybe the Sens will do so well this year that they'll actually post on their own forum for a change.
Heh. Doing what Ryan has done (4 straight 30 goal seasons) with about 17 minutes per game.
Try and downplay him as a 50ish point player all you want.
He'll be a 70+ point guy with the 20+ minutes he gets, top PP time, and on a line with a top centre.
I think that a healthy Michalek, Spezza, Karlsson + the addition of Bobby Ryan and the hopeful progression of Zibanejad and Turris will give this team more than enough punch to be able to compete with a goaltending tandem that in all likelihood posts a .925%+ campaign.