• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The New Division

Revisionist history from this board? Never!

Oh what bullshit. Interim GM came in, tried to trade Sundin, bashed him in the media when Mats wouldn't waive his no trade clause. Burke was hired and had some a meeting with Sundin where Mats wasn't sure what he wanted to do (he was comtemplating retirement), so Burke didn't offer him a deal.
 
I think that a healthy Michalek, Spezza, Karlsson + the addition of Bobby Ryan and the hopeful progression of Zibanejad and Turris will give this team more than enough punch to be able to compete with a goaltending tandem that in all likelihood posts a .925%+ campaign.

You sure about that?
 
I think that a healthy Michalek, Spezza, Karlsson + the addition of Bobby Ryan and the hopeful progression of Zibanejad and Turris will give this team more than enough punch to be able to compete with a goaltending tandem that in all likelihood posts a .925%+ campaign.

**** me you people are delusional.
 
I think they should avoid bringing any sort of statistical analysis into the equation, because that's generally when they struggle.
 
I don't think you people grasp just how large a gap between "fantastic" is, and what you received last year is.

If as a team you post a .920% next year, that's 50 goals against more over an 82 game schedule than a .940% team would give up, and make no mistake, .920 is fantastic. Just on returning to the mean in net, the Sens have a lot of goals to make up just to be where they were last year. Karlsson should be good for 20-24GC, Spezza good for about the same, Ryan for about 15-17GC. Now subtract the 30-35GC or so that they're replacing from the players who handled their roles last year and you're still looking at being a 2013 bubble team that is down about 15 goals off of their projected 82 game 2012/13 differential.

That's if you get top 5 goaltending.

Better pray that Anderson/Lehner are .930+

Found the post.

Projected numbers straight out of your ass
 
Found the post.

Projected numbers straight out of your ass


Meh, I lowballed Ryan a bit because I didn't have access to Hockeyreference from work.

Oh, you mean I pulled numbers from my ass because I didn't automatically expect Spezza to be healthy for 82 games and Karlsson to be a PPG Norris winner?
 
Of course, I don't see you being mad about my using 30SA/G for the same reason, because I didn't have access to hockey reference, lowering the potentials goals against added by the lowered SV%. Nor do I see you complaining that I'm using .920 as the benchmark for the Sens, when their starter has a career .915 and their backup has ~20 career games played.

Long story short. Any sort of reasonable return to the norm from your goaltending will wipe out any offensive gains from the return of Karlsson & Spezza, with the addition of Bobby Ryan.
 
Of course, I don't see you being mad about my using 30SA/G for the same reason, because I didn't have access to hockey reference, lowering the potentials goals against added by the lowered SV%. Nor do I see you complaining that I'm using .920 as the benchmark for the Sens, when their starter has a career .915 and their backup has ~20 career games played.

Long story short. Any sort of reasonable return to the norm from your goaltending will wipe out any offensive gains from the return of Karlsson & Spezza, with the addition of Bobby Ryan.

Guess we'll have 100 reasons to find out which one of us is right.

Thanks for admitting that you pulled them out of your ass.

Please feel free to let Jayz know that you "proved" nothing.
 
Now that SENSless has had his fun trolling again, this bears repeating: maybe the Sens will do so well this year that they'll actually post on their own forum for a change.
 
Guess we'll have 100 reasons to find out which one of us is right.

Thanks for admitting that you pulled them out of your ass.

Only I didn't pull them out of my ass. Even the 15-17 I pegged Ryan as, wasn't at all out of line with what he did last season (82 games pace of 19.6). Karlsson & Spezza I was familiar with, so didn't need hockeyreference to do a bit of napkin math. Bobby Ryan, being a western conference player I wasn't as familiar with, I missed by a few...cry me a ****ing river. I was pretty ****ing accurate with Karlsson & Spezza, so blow me.

Please feel free to let Jayz know that you "proved" nothing.

I proved that a decline in Sens SV% from insane to just really, really good would wipe out any offensive gains you should see from the increased firepower in your (hopefully) healthy lineup.

Of course, if Spezza's back injury is chronic, or Karlsson's achilles has taken the edge off of his previously spectacular skating....then the offence won't be that much better, will it?
 
I think they should avoid bringing any sort of statistical analysis into the equation, because that's generally when they struggle.

Which is weird...seeing as 2 of them are teachers and the other is a financial professional. One would imagine that numbers wouldn't be such a blinding weakness.
 
Oh, I'm aware.

white-canadiens_620-thumb-620xauto-295459.jpg

Ryan White is 6' 200 lbs and had a punctured lung. Hardly impressive that the 6'5" 230 lb Cowen beat him.
 
Heh. Doing what Ryan has done (4 straight 30 goal seasons) with about 17 minutes per game.

Try and downplay him as a 50ish point player all you want.

He'll be a 70+ point guy with the 20+ minutes he gets, top PP time, and on a line with a top centre.

He did manage to be a 70pt guy last time he got 20 minutes with a top line centre, so you might be right and he might get back to his best possible upside this year. If he can stay on a line with Spezza, of course. But then again, Michalek's production will plummett without Spezza, so we'll see how it shakes out.
 
I think that a healthy Michalek, Spezza, Karlsson + the addition of Bobby Ryan and the hopeful progression of Zibanejad and Turris will give this team more than enough punch to be able to compete with a goaltending tandem that in all likelihood posts a .925%+ campaign.

you might want to mention the loss of your #2, #3, and #5 scorers somewhere in this sentence.
 
Basing any player projections on Jason Spezza's ability to impact said player over an 82 game schedule might not be wise.
 
Back
Top