• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The New Division

Both better defensemen period. Full stop.
I'd take Weber over Karlsson, but not Keith.

izJVOInyM3cjC.gif
 
He's just fine defensively. Doesn't get burned a "fair" bit.

It's a purely garbage opinion of an awesome player. Something you'd resort to when you can't bash him for anything else.
If I wanted to bash him I wouldn't call him a spectacular player. He's just not good defensively. Sorry man, maybe he'll improve... that would make him a generational player. Right now he is not that. If you think that's bashing him, then I guess I'm bashing him.
 
Karlsson:
12/13: +0.702 QoC / +20.1 Corsi Rel
11/12: +0.657 QoC / +11.3 Corsi Rel


Karlsson dominated possession even moreso this year in comparison with his Norris season. His teammates just couldn't score this past season, like they did in his Norris year. His assist totals were way down this past season. Not exactly surprising considering the Sens were one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

Those 70+ point seasons will only come when the Sens are top 5ish scoring team. It's too difficult to achieve that kind of point total without support. Otherwise, he will be a 50-60 point guy, which is still pretty great.
 
If I wanted to bash him I wouldn't call him a spectacular player. He's just not good defensively. Sorry man, maybe he'll improve... that would make him a generational player. Right now he is not that. If you think that's bashing him, then I guess I'm bashing him.
So now he's just "not good".

Guys that get "burned" consistently aren't "not good", they are liabilities. Karlsson is none of that.

Your bias on this front is insane - you just can't get your head around the fact that he isn't the type of player he was in the playoffs (which was entirely due to injury).
 
Karlsson:
12/13: +0.702 QoC / +20.1 Corsi Rel
11/12: +0.657 QoC / +11.3 Corsi Rel


Karlsson dominated possession even moreso this year in comparison with his Norris season. His teammates just couldn't score this past season, like they did in his Norris year. His assist totals were way down this past season. Not exactly surprising considering the Sens were one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

Those 70+ point seasons will only come when the Sens are top 5ish scoring team. It's too difficult to achieve that kind of point total without support. Otherwise, he will be a 50-60 point guy, which is still pretty great.
And the fact their best player was on the ice for only 5 games.

As long as Spezza doesn't miss a nearly entire season again then Karlssons numbers are likely to come close to the ceiling he set in his Norris campaign. Having Bobby Ryan won't hurt either.
 
And the fact their best player was on the ice for only 5 games.

As long as Spezza doesn't miss a nearly entire season again then Karlssons numbers are likely to come close to the ceiling he set in his Norris campaign. Having Bobby Ryan won't hurt either.

It has to be more than Spezza though.

When Karlsson had his big season, the Sens were 4th in scoring.

I don't see 70-80 points as the norm, unless the Sens are consistently a top scoring team.
 
part of the problem is that Karlsson is literally in the running for softest player in hockey.
 
It has to be more than Spezza though.

When Karlsson had his big season, the Sens were 4th in scoring.

I don't see 70-80 points as the norm, unless the Sens are consistently a top scoring team.
Injury to Michalek. An aging Alfredsson. Infusion of new players. And of course, the injury to Karlsson himself.

All of those reasons led to the Sens being so low in goal scoring by seasons end.
 
Back
Top