• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Yeah, I can't look on days like this. Too much pain and then I start to worry if it's all going to come crashing down.
 
Yeah, I can't look on days like this. Too much pain and then I start to worry if it's all going to come crashing down.
I think I asked you this already but I forgot. What's your time horizon like? Are you looking to cash out in a month? A year? 20 years?
 
I'm expecting market to tank if Biden wins.

It's all about regulations, not Trump. If the analysts fear a return of heavy regulating? Tank city.
 
I think I asked you this already but I forgot. What's your time horizon like? Are you looking to cash out in a month? A year? 20 years?

So long term that I haven't even considered that question myself. Sometimes I think, what if I want to buy [insert expensive thing], and then I'm like, but how? Because selling anything is so odious to me. I'm kinda in love with my holdings. So much that I can't bear to see them in pain like the last couple of days. It's unhumane.
 
I'm expecting market to tank if Biden wins.

It's all about regulations, not Trump. If the analysts fear a return of heavy regulating? Tank city.

market will be positioned for a Biden win ahead of time....if it tanks before the election, then it probably spikes up afterwards (thinking "how bad can Biden be, especially sans senate majority")

remember, market overnight futures got destroyed the night Trump won, but rallied hard the next day.

what the market hates more than anything is uncertainty -- so the worst case scenario is a world where the election results are contested.

Unfortunately, Trump has made this a reasonable scenario, so I expect a lot of extra volatility heading into it.
 
So long term that I haven't even considered that question myself. Sometimes I think, what if I want to buy [insert expensive thing], and then I'm like, but how? Because selling anything is so odious to me. I'm kinda in love with my holdings. So much that I can't bear to see them in pain like the last couple of days. It's unhumane.
Then yeah, roll with the punches. You're good. When we run up that hard, historically speaking we will drop even faster; it's a technical drop not really based in fundamentals (yet). But if you picked the right names it's all temporary and simply a shift in the psychological cycle of despair vs euphoria. Best thing to do is ignore it. Try not to stress and definitely don't be like my parents who sold everything near the lows. Heh.
 
Frugal man

Not frugal, because I sort of do as I please. But I'm a very good buyer. I don't buy a bunch of bullshit that I don't need, I'm patient enough to wait for sales, I know how to shop good deals. My gramps always said one thing that sticks in my mind - you make money in two ways, first by earning it and then by how you spend it.
 
But anyway, that has nothing to do with the issue here. I like my stocks so much that it would hurt to let them go. Honestly, it's like a fucking relationship. I've had some serious lows with them, and some nice highs, and it's like we've been through too much together now! So if I needed to buy a house, I'd probably have to sell something, and then it's like, which baby to choose? Like Solomon cutting the baby in two - no, just give it to her!
 
I'll give you one from my gramps that stuck with me. He used to say "I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things". It's a loose translation but that's the gist. Don't waste your money on crap that won't last.
 
Buy stuff when the price is right, not when you need it.

I bought a bunch of shoes on Cole Haan the other day -- 75% off. I don't need them right now, but will eventually.
 
Back
Top