• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Gotcha.

I met Christian Bale last year. He was walking through the mall beside my office holding his kid's hand taking him to the theater. Totally unnoticed and unbothered by the pre-covid crowd. Except by yours truly. I had to stop him and tell him how awesome he is. He was very cool and gracious. So if he told me to buy Gamestop, I probably would too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CH1
Gamestop _ I have never seen so many shorts in a stock.

Short Interest as % of Float 99.62%

You know, I have thought about it from the standpoint of buying some super long term puts (I've never dabbled so I don't even know how far out you can buy them). Every time I hear its name, I'm reminded of Blockbuster and how I absolutely knew long before its demise that it was dead in the water. I wasn't investing then, but if I was, I'd probably have gambled there. This feels like Blockbuster 2.0.
 
Also: it's okay to change your mind on companies. Sometimes information changes. Better to change your mind than to stay loyal to lemon.
 
Also: it's okay to change your mind on companies. Sometimes information changes. Better to change your mind than to stay loyal to lemon.

100% agree. except for CBII. Will never change my mind on that one. Future first ballot HOF stock.
 
Wish I could see how it would've unfolded in an alternate timeline where I didn't sell SHOP at $200. When it hit $400, would I have bailed? $600? Would I be holding it now? I think if I managed to stay strong past like $400 or $500, I'd still have it now. But I can't imagine that if $200 shook me out, I would've been able to sit tight after it doubled from there. Though I have to say, I did learn from that. I'm not scared of my winners anymore.
 
You also could have rechanged it. Like I said, my mistake wasn't selling SHOP at $100 (from 30)....my mistake was never buying it back in between $100 and $1000

In March we could've bought it back in the $300s (USD). Maybe the worst missed opportunity of them all.
 
Selling a stock should be considered taking risk off (a form of insurance), not a breakup that lasts forever (SHOP is dead to me)
 
Wish I could see how it would've unfolded in an alternate timeline where I didn't sell SHOP at $200. When it hit $400, would I have bailed? $600? Would I be holding it now? I think if I managed to stay strong past like $400 or $500, I'd still have it now. But I can't imagine that if $200 shook me out, I would've been able to sit tight after it doubled from there. Though I have to say, I did learn from that. I'm not scared of my winners anymore.
Best play to avoid fomo is to scale out or take off half at a time. You'll always get a piece while locking in gains. If 100% was your initial target, sell half and let the rest ride. Risk free money. Unless... Again.. The company turns into a dud.
 
Best play to avoid fomo is to scale out or take off half at a time. You'll always get a piece while locking in gains. If 100% was your initial target, sell half and let the rest ride. Risk free money. Unless... Again.. The company turns into a dud.

That's usually my MO, but mistakes were made..and will continue to be made.
 
Best play to avoid fomo is to scale out or take off half at a time. You'll always get a piece while locking in gains. If 100% was your initial target, sell half and let the rest ride. Risk free money. Unless... Again.. The company turns into a dud.

Yeah, I totally endorse the gameplan of taking chips off and playing with house money. I'm hardwired somewhat to be an all or nothing guy. If I believe in it, I keep all of it. If not, I sell all of it. I kinda like that approach for whatever reason. I just picked the wrong path on that one.
 
Back
Top