• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes Logo

Oh, that's just BS! It's a very appropriate logo based on the team's name. THN has long seemed to have a bias against the Canes - maybe it's more against the old SE Div teams but have we ever seen anything positive about the Canes from them. Yes, once, the SWEET CAROLINA headline after winning the cup in '06 but that seems to be it.

I guess we should be grateful Karmanos didn't name the team Ice Hogs!
 
I stopped caring about the Hockey News' opinions a long time ago and am much happier for it. :thumbup:
 
I disconnected with Hockey News, dropping my multi-year subscription, over a decade ago.

Yes, big-time bias against old SE division teams ('cept Caps) and riding the Whaler horse to death, but it was just their wrong opinions on damn near everything that eventually led to the lack of interest on my part.

Name definitely chosen without a thought as to the logo, as no Hurricanes team has a good logo that I have seen. It's a tough one to do, all right.
 
The Canes logo is boring and non-inspiring, unfortunately like the team has been too many times. I would say maybe we need a logo change to something cooler looking as part of the new direction, but the Whalers unfortunately proved that even a really cool and clever logo doesn't help.
 
I can't fault them with calling a spade a spade. It's a terrible, non-creative, uninspiring abstract logo. It could be SO much better.
 
I love our team, (no pun intended)... but this won't be the first time where I've chimed in - never been crazy with the logo, colors.
Out of all of them, I can actually say I really like the 3rd jersey with the storm flag.
 
At least it does not look like a big turd.

Or a banana slug, cartoon duck, gortons fishmonger, a centurion has no relation to a senator, the big CH that looks like an alternate for the Carolina Hurricanes. And they prob'ly think that friggin' blue leaf is wowza. Rangers and Capitals don't even really have logos. A blue note, painted wolf's head, a chunky twisted orca, meh.

The old Dallas jersey that had the star from front to back over the shoulders was a good one, not so the current one, and the old Kings with the crown and was royal purple was much better than the diddly, boring 'shield'.

The best is the Blackhawk Head.
 
Anyone have the ability to post comments there? I'd suggest: "Coming from THN this is a compliment!"
 
it is a slow off season and team logos have been discussed to death...poor THN with nothing to do this summer...yawn!
 
Meh ... we heard a TON about how bad the Canes logo was back in the Greensboro days. Why? Because we weren't very good. It comes back up now. Why? You can guess, right.

The NHL is not exactly logo nirvana or anything. There's a fair amount of uninspired or out and out bad logos in the league. Our's ranks in the meh zone in my opinion. It ain't great, but it's not terrible either. At least it's team name appropriate and doesn't include a cartoon character.
 
There are some pretty poor designs in the NHL. And I can make fun of a lot of the old traditional ones as well as the modern Disney era garbage. The Bruins manhole cover is quite horrible. But I think it's long overdue already, that the Canes rethink their abstract flushing toilet.
 
Count me among the apparent few that actually LIKE our logo. I could care less what THN thinks about it.
 
Back
Top