• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leaf Rumours

If I had to bet, I'd say that one or both of Kadri/Franson will still be negotiating come camp. Both were keys to success last season, but every game they sit to start the season is a cap savings.
 
****, that's awesome. I can't believe it's so close.

Yeah, Kadri will get reupped soon, likely on a bridge deal.

It pains me that Franson poses such a problem, because he was unreal last year, especially in the playoffs.
 
The scoop on Franson/Kadri? Franson is asking for Begosian money and you know what, he is better than Begosian. Imo. And since he did the Leafs a big favour last year in coming back to play for shit and having such a great season, Nonis, is under the gun and microscope. As much as he wants Franson on the Leafs, he cannot dump Phaneuf to save his life, to achieve that. Nonis MAY have to take a shit offer from someone, to move Franson, because every NHL agent knows that Franson basically did the Leafs a favour.

Kadri? Probably signs a contract for short term to indicate he is worth the big bucks afterwards.

Lets hope and pray that someone is dumb enough to take Phaneuf, so we can sign Franson, he IS, as I said two years ago, the next Larry Robinson.
 
I saw Franson and Gardiner nearly kill themselves to get us into the next round. I also saw Phaneuf cost us the last two goals and fawk the dog while he was doing it. Guess what? Playoffs are what counts.

And NO,I called Franson a Larry Robinson. I liked Schenn for a brief period of time when he got some balls and started carrying the puck, but that only lasted for a while.

HINT for teeds observers: I only like soccer and hockey players who can carry the ball/puck up at will. People who handle the biscuit like a bomb, I have NO respect for.
 
I saw Franson and Gardiner nearly kill themselves to get us into the next round. I also saw Phaneuf cost us the last two goals and fawk the dog while he was doing it. Guess what? Playoffs are what counts.

And NO,I called Franson a Larry Robinson. I liked Schenn for a brief period of time when he got some balls and started carrying the puck, but that only lasted for a while.

HINT for teeds observers: I only like soccer and hockey players who can carry the ball/puck up at will. People who handle the biscuit like a bomb, I have NO respect for.

Let's add amnesia to your list of pathologies. You most certainly called Schenn the next Larry Robinson. You also called Aulie the next Larry Robinson. Now it is Franson. You really need to work on your player comparisons and build a list of more than 1 defenceman that players you temporarily like can be compared to.
 
I saw Franson and Gardiner nearly kill themselves to get us into the next round. I also saw Phaneuf cost us the last two goals and fawk the dog while he was doing it. Guess what? Playoffs are what counts.

And NO,I called Franson a Larry Robinson. I liked Schenn for a brief period of time when he got some balls and started carrying the puck, but that only lasted for a while.

HINT for teeds observers: I only like soccer and hockey players who can carry the ball/puck up at will. People who handle the biscuit like a bomb, I have NO respect for.

(1) the biggest mistake in the game by a leafs defenseman, bar none, was the awful no look, between the legs drop pass franson made in his own end early in the first period, which directly led to boston's first goal. not an indictment of franson... young guy, game 7 jitters, he settled down, etc. but that was a much bigger mistake than anything phaneuf did in that game.

(2) phaneuf wasn't even on the ice for the last goal

(3) franson was on the ice for the last goal
 
Schenn played really well for a patch two seasons ago, really well, and then he just turned into Luke Richardson again and never went back to his really good form. Not that I have ever seen anyways. Too bad, nice kid, he was rushed way too fast imo.

And Franson has always reminded me of Robinson. A lot. Robinson wasn't great early on. But he sure became great, probably worked very hard to get there too. Hopefully Franson works just as hard.. IF he does,he is the best NHL defenceman we have for sure. Phaneuf? There is just an off switch that goes off on the guy, at the worst possible times. And Gardiner? Great offensively, but never going to scare anyone out there. Franson? Offensive, defensive and has an edge. Uhhhh, Larry?
 
Back
Top