• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Saw Night Monkey tonight. It was entertaining.

EDITH = Even Dead I’m The Hero.

That one got me. So Tony Stark.

Loved chernobyl as much as you can love something like that. Amazing with all aspects. Acting, sets, cinematography. Gut wrenching and stomach turning stuff though.

Yeah, just got back.

A few twists in it but it was visually amazing and stayed true to the original

I think with beauty and the beast and Aladdin, you can argue since live actors are in it it feels different. With Lion King it's basically a CGI animated version of the original with so little change.

Last edited:
Hey all. Any ideas where I can catch Knightfall season 2? Watched season 1 on Metflix and can only find French in demand by Rogers. I should have recorded it when it started but since we didn’t watch the first season yet, neglected to.

Chernobyl is great, but all the Russians being British kinda took me out of it.

It is odd, but I understnad why they did that. It's obvious better to have Russians speaking and have subtiotles, but people in general hate reading subtitles and it effects ratings.

The acting was great, its not their fault. I am sure the could have pulled off Russian accents. It was clearly a production decision.

But yeah, Vasily Krovchenko and Sergei Nemchinov talking to each other in British accents was distracting. Also hilarious how the Russian miners were soccer hooligans.

I think it was the right move.

I mean, unless you're going to do the show with native Russian speakers actually speaking in Russian with English subtitles, I think it's best to forget about the accents. A bunch of British, American or European actors putting on a variety of fake Russian accents would have been a lot more distracting than having Stellan Skarsgard speaking in his Swedish accent, Jared Harris speaking in his British accent, etc. Having these guys perform in fake Russian accents also would've detracted from their performances, most likely.

As a viewer I have no problem understanding that these are Russians being depicted for an English-speaking audience, and suspending my disbelief.

If I can get past Sean Connery playing a Russian submarine captain, I can get past this.

One ping only, vassshhhhili

Back