• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Chantel Thread

I used Safe Ride Home last night to get home from Glenwood South to my house in NW Wake. I was diverted on my way down to Glenwood by the aftermath of that accident, although I didn't know what it was at the time. Safe Ride Home charged a flat $10 fee and then $3/mile. Total bill was $43 + tip. Not cheap, but better than the alternative. Unlike a taxi, they drive your car for you so you don't have to retrieve it the next day.

This is the way to go.
 
They can really rack up at the Carter for State home games. Get at least 2000 people there.

And I, for one, wish they'd start doing at least some sobriety checks after State games. 20+ years of playing Dodge-A-Drunk on the Beltline on my way home after games wears on you. I understand that they can't set up a traditional check point on Edwards Mill because nobody would ever get home. But the truly over the limit routinely roll past about 6 or 8 Highway Patrolmen before they really even clear the area. Stopping a couple on the side of the road would send a strong message. And it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know which ones to pull. They're the ones plowing over cones while driving super slow.
 
Even if they made an example of dozens of people per game, it wouldn't stop most people.

We used to frequent this club on the outskirts of town. And each night, the DJ would tell people, if you've been drinking, call a cab! They will bust you when you leave here!

And each night at closing, two cops would stand by the door and watch drunks stumble to their cars with their keys in their hands. And they would radio to other cops sitting just down the road which cars were being piloted by drunks. They busted several people like this nearly every night.
 
They would have done better by stopping them before driving. But I guess they had to get their quotas.
 
They would have done better by stopping them before driving. But I guess they had to get their quotas.

We're talking law enforcement here. I tend to agree. Simply pulling the drunk aside and telling them to call someone, would be the nice and helpful thing to do. But like I said, the DJ would tell everyone, minutes before closing, "do not drive out of here if you've been drinking, they WILL stop you". The cops standing at the door weren't trying to be discreet. They watched who stumbled out and drove off. I don't approve of this method, and don't know how "right" it is, but it didn't work beyond getting a handful of stumbling drunks off the road THAT night.

I mean come one, how many bars do you know of that don't have a parking lot? Not counting the ones downtown!
 
I hope all you guys with no tolerance have the same rules for yourself. Not saying that what these people done is not wrong, and need to be punished but the self righteousness you do it with is only of those who have not done wrong before. But you have. Good luck being judged by your own standards.

NOT ONCE ERIC! And thanks for PRE-JUDGING. You don't know me. You don't know my losses. And NO ONE judges me worse than I do in ANY of my faults, thanks kindly.

:cheers2:
Raymond:smash:
 
I used Safe Ride Home last night to get home from Glenwood South to my house in NW Wake. I was diverted on my way down to Glenwood by the aftermath of that accident, although I didn't know what it was at the time. Safe Ride Home charged a flat $10 fee and then $3/mile. Total bill was $43 + tip. Not cheap, but better than the alternative. Unlike a taxi, they drive your car for you so you don't have to retrieve it the next day.

Programs like this are great. Hell if people would just consider being the designated driver one night or saving some of their dough for the cab ride. It's just making the conscious decision before you go out to make sure you get home alright. It's just about thinking ahead of time...and not taking ANY chances.

:cheers2:
Raymond:smash:
 
Does anyone know if Chanel's "suspension" is paid or unpaid? I always wonder what type of punishment temporary paid suspensions are. Hell, I would love a paid 30 day break from my job.
 
Programs like this are great. Hell if people would just consider being the designated driver one night or saving some of their dough for the cab ride. It's just making the conscious decision before you go out to make sure you get home alright. It's just about thinking ahead of time...and not taking ANY chances.

:cheers2:
Raymond:smash:

...and also to avoid killing any innocent people in the process!
 
Back
Top