• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Chantel Thread

The big difference here is some people think the girl should be canned for getting caught do something outside of work and some don't think she should. I don't think she should be fired. You do.
 
Where did they announce that? If that is really the result I say that is probably the best compromise to this unfortunate situation. She learns a lesson without losing her job. I can accept that.
 
Suspension is a good start.
Now for community service where she goes to the schools and talks on drunk driving.
 
“In light of what happened this past weekend, we think it is best that Ms. McCabe take some time away from the team,” said Waddell.

Well, if there's any GM who has experience with people doing stupid things behind the wheel that endanger the lives of others, its Waddell.
 
The big difference here is some people think the girl should be canned for getting caught do something outside of work and some don't think she should. I don't think she should be fired. You do.

Which is called a difference of opinion. Which is no big deal ... without those we'd have VERY little to discuss. I'm not going to lose any sleep if they decide not to fire her.
 
I am one who was permanently injured by an impaired driver. Since then, I do my best to try to prevent anybody whose been drinking more than a couple from getting behind the wheel if I can. I know firsthand what the result can be, or worse. Even though I was not physically 100% at the time of the wreck, I was much, much closer to it than I am today. At least I'm on the right side of the dirt, I suppose. Some days when wreck-related severe migraines take me down for multiple days, I wonder if I really am in the right place. Almost every day some sort of new challenges present themselves that wouldn't have been much of an issue for me to handle when I was closer to whole. The brain injury I suffered has caused me forget too many good things in my past, which really sucks. I guess I am lucky to be in as good a shape as I am. Some things like the names of roads that I've been driving on since I got my license and people's names I should know, totally evade me. It is embarrassing to have someone come up and speak like they know you, yet I have no idea who they are...or I may know the face, but no clue about the name.

As part of the face of the Hurricanes broadcast team, Chantal should have known better. Luckily, she didn't injure anyone or anything beyond her reputation. There's a difference between being buzzed and being falling down, sloppy drunk, but over the limit is over the limit in they eyes of the law. Her mug shot expression is definitely one of regret. It will be curious to see what kind of community service she is ordered to perform. She made a mistake, but it can be a teaching moment that she could definitely learn from. I believe she deserves a second chance with her job, in a probationary scenario. If this is a habitual problem, give her the boot.

The fool who ran into me ended up losing his license for 1 year, got a 3 month jail sentence that was suspended if he completed 72 hours of community service and completed the alcohol classes within a month's time. I wonder if he even ever thinks about how his actions changed my life. Considering that he never apologized or even said screw you, I doubt it.

Jim
 
Thanks Jim

I didn't want to drag you into this, but I figured you'd jump in if you felt comfortable.

And for the record, I think it sucks on a galactic level that the fool that hit you never bothered to apologize or even touch base to see if you were recovering. People can suck that way.
 
Jim... If I ever came across the piece of crap that did it to you... He'd remember why he should have apologized.

I have lost close people in my life because of others who were "just over the limit". She should consider herself lucky that she is only getting a suspension and not worse. If it is me... she is losing her job. She can "use the experience" and her community service to tell the kids she is going to speak to that she is thankful that she didn't lose much more than that...and that she didn't TAKE much more than that from anyone else.

There are a lot of things I can forgive and look past... this one is VERY VERY hard for me to do so.

:cheers2:
Raymond:smash:
 
And THIS is what happens when people willingly drink and drive. The ULTIMATE punishment, is living the rest of your life, knowing you killed your 12 year old child because you were driving drunk and recklessly. This woman was 0.32, 4x the limit, and doing 29mph OVER the posted limit. Honestly, there's NO excuse for either part, doing 74 in a 45, in an area where there is never more than a few hundred yards between lights, and driving that hammered! I hope she does jail time. I can't imagine the feelings the rest of her family will have towards her.

http://www.wral.com/police-driver-in-fatal-raleigh-wreck-was-speeding-impaired/14078061/
 
I hope all you guys with no tolerance have the same rules for yourself. Not saying that what these people done is not wrong, and need to be punished but the self righteousness you do it with is only of those who have not done wrong before. But you have. Good luck being judged by your own standards.
 
I would NEVER drive my kids around while I was shitfaced. I don't drink and drive either. But I am sick of the apologists!
 
I used Safe Ride Home last night to get home from Glenwood South to my house in NW Wake. I was diverted on my way down to Glenwood by the aftermath of that accident, although I didn't know what it was at the time. Safe Ride Home charged a flat $10 fee and then $3/mile. Total bill was $43 + tip. Not cheap, but better than the alternative. Unlike a taxi, they drive your car for you so you don't have to retrieve it the next day.
 
I would NEVER drive my kids around while I was shitfaced. I don't drink and drive either. But I am sick of the apologists!

I am all for it. Lets start a campaign. When you go or leave from a event in Raleigh where you pay for parking the driver has to blow for a DUI coming and going. All colleges included. We can stop this NOW!
 
I am sure the police outside the RBC will rack up at least 500 people per event to start before people understand. All that money can go to education.
 
Back
Top