• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Chantel Thread

Hardly a shock. Even with her personal issue from last season aside, you'd have hoped that she would have grown into a job a LOT more than she has. They hired her pretty much straight out of college and she certainly has some charisma and SOME hockey savvy. But she's just not very personable on camera and her hockey chops never got through her wooden presentation skills.

She needs to be working in the minors until she has some chops ... IMO.
 
Hardly a shock. Even with her personal issue from last season aside, you'd have hoped that she would have grown into a job a LOT more than she has. They hired her pretty much straight out of college and she certainly has some charisma and SOME hockey savvy. But she's just not very personable on camera and her hockey chops never got through her wooden presentation skills.

She needs to be working in the minors until she has some chops ... IMO.

If she even enjoys it. I never get the impression that she really gives a flip about hockey. I always felt like she was just taking advantage of a golden opportunity to kick start her career (don't blame her). Unfortunately, it probably hurt more than helped because of her lack of enthusiasm for the sport. She probably knows more about the Kardasians.
 
I think it's considered low class to hire someone if the job is not vacant. At least that is true for coaches but as we have seen some teams don't care and they will start talks before the current coach is axed.

Maybe she was axed and they did not bother to announce it. I guess it's possible they may see who applies and then decide if they can find someone they like better and can fit their budget.
 
That very well could be Amber Jaye's slot.

She announced at the end of the season that she wasn't coming back, due to health reasons (as I recall), presumably associated with her mid-season leave of absence.

Don't think it's her job. These 2 responsibilities make it look like Chantel's.

Work alongside play-by-play and color analyst on-screen talent during Carolina Hurricanes FOX Sports Carolinas broadcasts as determined by FOX producer.
•Work in front of and behind the camera to conceptualize, create and produce video features for the Carolina Hurricanes, CarolinaHurricanes.com and team broadcasts on FOX Sports Carolinas.

While Amber did a lot of on-camera stuff, it was all for the Canes website. She wasn't on the Fox Sports broadcasts.

Speaking of Amber, since her job isn't posted must mean that it was already filled?
 
A. I think Chantel was on a year to year contract. If they simply chose not to renew her deal, she has likely been at least unofficially unemployed for awhile now.

B. The Canes are a private company, so there's no requirement that they post job openings. So Amber Jaye's job could have been filled or they might be looking in house the way they normally do. Who knows? I'm NOT applying, even though I'm currently about half employed.
 
A. I think Chantel was on a year to year contract. If they simply chose not to renew her deal, she has likely been at least unofficially unemployed for awhile now.

B. The Canes are a private company, so there's no requirement that they post job openings. So Amber Jaye's job could have been filled or they might be looking in house the way they normally do. Who knows? I'm NOT applying, even though I'm currently about half employed.

After Thursday, you'll have me beat by half.
 
Don't think it's her job. These 2 responsibilities make it look like Chantel's.
While Amber did a lot of on-camera stuff, it was all for the Canes website. She wasn't on the Fox Sports broadcasts.

Yeah, I 'm confused with the interpretation of it being some sort of different role or combo Amber/Chantel other than 3rd dude/dudette on the broadcast.

Both John and Tripp have done lots of web stuff over the years haven't they?

Seems like it's clearly Chantel's old gig (even if the tweak the add'l responsibilities).
 
We've been waiting for this offseason, well, all season lol. Looking forward to the buyout period (and maybe some nice surprises), the draft, free agent period and exhibition games... oh wait, still have this years' finals to get through ;)
 
When she was quoting what someone said every game I would have tuned her out fifteen seconds before she was done talking. It was all pure noise at that point. Who cares what or who she was talking about. Fast forward.
 
Back
Top