• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

I say this as an official Ohio State Buckeye hater: they should be in the playoff at the end of the season. I think it helps to view the NCAA football playoff not so much a real sports tournament, but as entertainment made for TV. If the NCAA wanted a real football playoff at that level, they would have more than just four dang teams. And three of those dang teams are pretty much the same year after year. Getting a little boring, don't you think? Time to bring some new writers into the room.

That being said, Ohio State should invite Coastal Carolina up to Columbus for a game this Saturday. If the Chanticleers can win that game, then put them into the top four. That would be a game with very high Nielsen ratings, so make it happen. Now!
 
I'm a Buckeye hater as well, so I'd be happy to enough to see them get their unprepared teeth kicked in by somebody who has played an actual schedule. Still ... the Big deserves to get shut out of this thing for the crappy way they handled their business, and their candidate didn't play anybody. So ... yeah. Do whatever, because I quit pretending this process had any integrity a long, long time ago.
 
as predicted B10 is changing the rules

also Purdue at Indiana canceled but neither team can play Ohio st. due to CV

I think the Covid issue is with Purdue. Indiana already played Ohio St., on November 21 and lost 42-35. So the only solution is changing the rules. I’m shocked.
 
Growing up in sparsely-populated northern Michigan with very little light pollution, I got to see them from time to time. I was located too far south to get a good full sky of the shimmering green lights, but anything is better than nothing.
 
Health Canada has approved the Pfizer vaccine.
Somebody want to explain just what the expletive deleted the FDA is waiting on at this point? Operation Warp Speed turned into Operation Business as Usual once it hit their office. And don't tell me they're being cautious or thorough. Nobody is more of either of those things than the Canadian government.
 
FDA is not known to be fast except in this case. It will be approved today , hearing starts at noon I assume it will be on cable news and probably other channels. Drug companies can pay extra for faster approval so they probably did that unless the FDA waived that fee.

In addition to reviewing all the stats the FDA reruns the data with their own software to make sure it's OK. Almost 100% of software used for clinical trials analysis is SAS. If you don't use SAS you have to explain to the FDA why you are using something else . They can't legally require SAS software but it's been used for decades so it's the standard. they don't use complex stats, just basics you would learn in stats 101.

If Duke does not want to play BB now nobody is forcing them as far as I know. Maybe K will have another bad back!!
 
Last edited:
Major League Baseball issued “invitations” to the minor league clubs under the new minor league structure. The Durham Bulls remain Tampa’s AAA affiliate, which isn’t a surprise, since they own part of the club. The Carolina Mudcats were retained by the Brewers but as their Low-A affiliate, so they’re moving from the Carolina League to the South Atlantic League. Houston retained their relationship with Fayetteville as a Low-A team. Greensboro, Hickory and Winston-Salem appear to remain in the Carolina League.
 
Somebody want to explain just what the expletive deleted the FDA is waiting on at this point? Operation Warp Speed turned into Operation Business as Usual once it hit their office. And don't tell me they're being cautious or thorough. Nobody is more of either of those things than the Canadian government.
You know the approval meeting is today, right?
 
Normally the FDA process takes 6 months or more. It seems they have been working nights and weekends on this so I think you can cut them a little slack. Whole process for a new drug or vaccine is normally 5 or more years. and many don't get approved.
 
Back
Top