• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

I went to get sunscreen at shoppers and they were taking walk ins for Pfizer. There was an hour and a half wait. It was awesome.
Love hearing that. Pfizer in pharmacies is going to be a game changer to pump these doses out in big numbers. Can't just rely on the clinics.

Last edited:
By mid July I'm expecting ~70% of the entire province on one dose, and at least 40-43% on two doses. For reference, Israel is currently at 58% on one dose, 54% on two. By the end of July we'll be at Israel levels or better for both doses. #2DoseSummer

Last edited:
By mid July I'm expecting ~70% of the entire province on one dose, 40-43% on two doses. For reference, Israel is currently at 54% on one dose, 58% on two. By the end of July we'll be at Israel levels or better for both doses. #2DoseSummer
Not to question your numbers but how could israel have 54% on one dose and 58% on two? Is it the playoffs and they are giving 112%

Love hearing that. Pfizer in pharmacies is going to be a game changer to pump these doses out in big numbers. Can't just rely on the clinics.
While I walked in, they asked me if I’d like a vaccine today. I told them I already had received my first dose and thanked them. They were quite happy to hear it. Then an older lady and her daughter came in behind me and they asked them. They hmmmmd and hawed and then asked which one it was. When they heard it was Pfizer, the daughter piped up “Mom! You have to get this today. You don’t need an appt and it’s Pfizer”.

I just can't imagine where we'd be without these miracle vaccines that took like a month to make. Most experts thought it would take years to get a product that was maybe 50-60% effective. So even if variants start to evade immunity as they have we're starting from such a high point that we'll probably be fine for at least a little longer.

Last edited:
I just can't imagine where we'd be without these miracle vaccines that took like a month to make. Most experts thought it would take years to get a product that was maybe 50-60% effective. So even if variants start to evade immunity as they have we're starting from such a high point that we'll probably be fine for at least a little longer.

What had been the role of quantum computing/genomics to develop these vaccines? I have no idea; do they create analytical virology models to test effectiveness and run predictive analytics re: the variants?

My layman understanding that computing power is a game changer.

As of tomorrow everyone 18+ can book in Ontario. Question is do they drop it to 12+ after or do we circle back on seniors for second doses? The latter will save more lives so I hope that's the route we take.

As of tomorrow everyone 18+ can book in Ontario. Question is do they drop it to 12+ after or do we circle back on seniors for second doses? The latter will save more lives so I hope that's the route we take.
The halton update was said a special program for 12-17 (including 18 if still in HS in the fall) is being rolled out where that age will get a 2nd dose in august.

So by my count (and I'm going to be running on an assumption here) - if we include the ~300,000 AZ for Ontario doses on hand and assuming Moderna ships us another 1m on May 30 (hopefully will be more):

Doses on hand for week of May 16: 9.4062 million
Doses for week of May 23: 9.6342 million
Doses for week of May 30: 10.97 million
Doses for week of June 6: 11.91 million

12.9m folks are eligible (12+). If we assume 75% uptake, that's ~9.675m folks vaccinated.

So by the week of June 6th we should be looking at around 1.5-2 million 2nd doses completed. Including the 300,000 AZ is probably misleading since most AZers won't get their second dose till later June or July so you can just subtract 300k from those numbers. Point still stands. 2nd doses for all should begin in early June.

Moderna is supposed to start ramping up real soon so hopefully that happens; would be nice if their next delivery exceeds their regular 1 million but we're in good shape regardless.

Back